SMTP Server with spam filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am running Exchange 2010. I work for a financial company, and most of what I do has to be submitted to compliance prior to execution.  Currently our MX settings are configured so that both our incoming and outgoing mail is filtered through a 3rd party (GFI) for spam detection and filtering.  We are trying to set up a web based program that utilizes a SMTP server.  I have configured SMTP on Exchange, and the ports are correct on my router.  But obviously if the traffic goes through GFI instead of directly to the server it will not work.  Compliance does not want me to use an alternate domain.  Any ideas on how to make this work?
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, mail flow can work well when they directly access Exchange server while there is problem with accessing your spam filter server. If I misunderstand your meaning, please feel free to let me know.

If yes, the issue is mostly likely caused by the improper configuration on your spam filter server. As far as I know, we can depend on the Exchange feature to manage spam. For more information, you can refer to the following article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996604(v=exchg.141).aspx

Thanks,

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 21, 2014 9:56 AM