Using Sharepoint 2007. Created Extranet site. Extranet user on Windows 8 can access site but can not open documents? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have setup a Team meeting subsite on extranet to share some documents with an external client.

The user has confirmed access to the site (after some initial Java error messages). The user can navigate the site and add annoucements etc (They have been given member access) when they go to Shared Documents to try view a .docx or .xslx they receive an error stating 'your computer does not conform to the security policy set by this site'?

I have not set any polices on the main site or subsite.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Neil, I have a few questions:

1. Does this site work for users not on Windows 8?
    2. If they are seeing the error when clicking on the file, what happens if they hover over the file and select Send To > Download File?
    3. Do you have Excel Services configured?
    4. Can you screenshot the exact error message that appears?

Dimitri Ayrapetov (MCSE: SharePoint)

Sunday, December 1, 2013 7:12 PM
  • 1. Yes other users can access via Windows 8

2. Nothing happens on our sharepoint 2007 if you hover over it? You have to click the edit menu or click on the document itself. (the documents are all in the default Shared Documents Library.

3. Yes Excel configured correctly, I use the Extranet for multiple external clients, but never seen an error stating -  your secrity policy does not meet the security required by sharepoint.

4. I will obtain the screenshot and upload as soon as possible

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 8:27 AM
  • I'd also clarify wheher this is a unique instance or whether it's happening to all external collaborators.  I'm thinking that an AD policy might have been set on all Extranet facing areas.

Also, are you aware of any third party tools that might allow site policies to be set?

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:22 PM
    Answerer