none
DAG Network ReplicationDagNetwork re-creating its self

Question

• Hi all

I have a clusterd environment, 2 mail servers Clusterd with a DAG.

can someone please advise why every time i click on my DAG a new DAG Network Appears? 

Is theer any way to remove ReplicationDagNetwork 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9?

Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:30 AM

All replies

• Hi all

I have a clusterd environment, 2 mail servers Clusterd with a DAG.

can someone please advise why every time i click on my DAG a new DAG Network Appears? 

Is theer any way to remove ReplicationDagNetwork 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9?

Either configure networking manually or ignore it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/database-availability-groups/set-databaseavailabilitygroupnetwork?view=exchange-ps

Set-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork -Identity DAG2\DAGNetwork02 -ReplicationEnabled:$false -IgnoreNetwork:$true

Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:42 AM
  • Thank you for the Answer. 

however, every time i click away from that DAG then back again, Say i log out from EMC then back in it went from ReplicationDagNetwork10 to ReplicationDagNetwork37 and growing. 

May i ask why is this happening and how to stop that? 

Thanks in Advance,

Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:32 PM
  • Thank you for the Answer. 

however, every time i click away from that DAG then back again, Say i log out from EMC then back in it went from ReplicationDagNetwork10 to ReplicationDagNetwork37 and growing. 

May i ask why is this happening and how to stop that? 

Thanks in Advance,

Did you set to ignore?
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:46 PM
  • Hi GbeerIT,

Enable Manual DAG Network Configuration then remove these replication network, it will still continue to create new DAG network, right? Based on my experience, this issue maybe related with the routes configuration among the replication NIC adapters were incorrect.

Regards,

Gavin Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 16, 2018 8:11 AM
  • Hi Gavin, 

Thanks for your information. and your right it continues to create a new DAG network (See below) Im at 1447 and rising fast! 

for a little backgrounf information..

2 Exchange servers EX1 and EX2

EX1: 10.20.20.100

EX2: was in a DR Facility 10.30.20.100. However, this was recently moved to the 10.20.20.x Network (New IP 10.20.20.54)

so, 2 Exchange servers now in the same network. 

DAG setup below: 

My Question is, Can i simply create a new DAG as see 1 of the addresses in DAG Ip are in old DR Site 10.30.20.100..

Im also Seeing this see error alot. (Below)

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:19 AM
  • If your environment is newer than Exchange 2013 SP1 and Windows server 2012 R2, you can create IP Less Database Availability Group. You don't need to assign a IP address for DAG.

If you have multiple NIC on the Exchange server, check if they are already assign the correct IP address. Meanwhile, run the Get-databaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork cmdlet to check the DAG network configuration:

Regards,

Gavin Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 19, 2018 9:28 AM
  • Hi Gavin, 

Im currently using Exchange 2013 SP! and Server 2012 R2. 

When running "Get-databaseavailabilitygroupnetwork"

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.Data, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork], FileNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=UK13MAIL1,RequestId=0db9082c-a254-48a8-8e9d-e657b5ff892e,TimeStamp=20/07/2018 08:21:39] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-FileNotFoundException] BBB11001,Microsoft.Exchan
       ge.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.GetDatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork
        + PSComputerName        : uk13mail1.glasgow.Domainname.com

What is the process to renew the DAG its self as i want to change the fileshare witness server to new 2012 DC

Friday, July 20, 2018 8:24 AM