none
Multiple Filters on same chart/report in a dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    My requirement is that I need two filters on a pivot chart:Year and Quarter filters.Following is what I did :

1.I created two filters in the dashboard (by clicking on New Filter) one for Year and the other for Quarter.

2.Dragged these filters to the dashboard zones.

3.I linked Year filter to my chart (by selecting Dashboard Item Endpoint = Row and Source = MemberUniqueName)

Now,when I try to repeat step3 for Quarter Filter,I dont see "Row" coming up in  the dropdown for DashboardItemEndPoint.
    So,I am not able to add a filter on Quarter for the same chart.

How do I add this second filter to the chart?

Appreciate quick help

Friday, July 10, 2009 12:45 PM

All replies

• I am suspecting that you want to show Year and then quarters from that year on rows,in which case you can use multiselect filter. This way user will be able to select the year as well as the quarters he wants not only from the same year but from different years as well.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 1:11 PM
  • Hi,Thanks for the quick reply.I cant use multiselect because i hav two other filters to use apart from qtr and year.Your solution works only when i have hierarchal filters.But,suppose I need one more filter on "Country" on the same chart,this will not work. My requirement is that I need 4 filters,1.Segment 2. Area 3. Year 4.Quarter. I am able to add only one filter on the chart under "Row" category of "DashBoard Item Endpoint" option in 'CreateFilter'. Appreciate quick help
    • Proposed as answer by Dejan MILIC Friday, July 10, 2009 9:44 PM
    Friday, July 10, 2009 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

If interactivity is not mandatory for your chart you can use MDX query with parameters see this link

In order to make it work, you must have an additional data table or sharepoint list in which you will store your time level names
    Level Name Time Series
    [Time].[Quarter] Quarters
    [Time].[Year] Years

Create a new data source that use this table or sharepoint list and map "Level Name" field as key

Replace the time hierarchy section of the mdx query tab with the following <<Time Series>>.members

in the parameter section of mdx query tabe type in [Time].[Quarter]; that will be your default time series.

Now create one unique time series filter that use the data source you created
    To finish map the Time Series filter to the chart filters and link Level Name to Time Series

And you're done.

Friday, July 10, 2009 10:01 PM