Unknown Schema Version RRS feed

• Question

• I want to clarify what I suspect about getting an unknown schema extension error.  It's the same number as others have posted about, 14622.  I am in process of upgrading my CCR Exchange cluster to SP3 and ExBPA reports this error..  Is it safe to ignore and continue with the upgrade?

Thanks for any advice.  I do appreciate it.

Tony

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:43 PM

Answers

• Exchange 2007 SP2 has that schema version (as does Exchange 2010 RTM, which you aren't running), so if you are moving on to 2007SP3, it's going to be safe to ignore a warning on that version.

I'll caveat that statement - you need to have your peripheral servers upgraded before you upgrade your Exchange 2007 (or 2010) mailbox servers.  Have all your CAS and hub servers been upgraded already?

• Edited by Will Martin, PFE Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Price Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:03 PM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:58 PM

All replies

• Exchange 2007 SP2 has that schema version (as does Exchange 2010 RTM, which you aren't running), so if you are moving on to 2007SP3, it's going to be safe to ignore a warning on that version.

I'll caveat that statement - you need to have your peripheral servers upgraded before you upgrade your Exchange 2007 (or 2010) mailbox servers.  Have all your CAS and hub servers been upgraded already?

• Edited by Will Martin, PFE Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Price Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:03 PM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:58 PM
  • yes, my CAS/HT servers are sitting on SP3.  There is a Server 2012 R2 DC in the domain, but the functional level is at 2003.  I ran ExBPS against it but wanted to make sure it's safe to ignore.  Our environment is extremely beat up by repeated hard shut downs due to power failures. We're a small private higher ed school with limited funds so our UPS is limited and we have no generator.  In preparing Exchange to upgrade to 2013 but it's like herding kittens chasing down errors and getting our current environment stable and supported.  

Thanks, Willard.  Appreciate the info.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:26 PM
  • Not at all - good luck on the cat herding.  I've done it a few times myself ...  s-:

And if you could mark the answer, I'd appreciate it. (-:

Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:02 PM