Dllregisterserver entry point not found RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the Adobe photoshop, then error "The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" came up. Since then, I have tried Regsver32 kernel32.dll in the Cmd prompt as administrator, also have purchased & tried third party software to clean up the Dll files. After 2 days of trying, the problem still exist. I would appreciate any help in this matter.  

Thank you all

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:07 PM

All replies

• See this webpage

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6972437/pinvoke-for-getlogicalprocessorinformation-function

The GetLogicalProcessorInformation is a function in the kernel32 library.  You could be getting the error because the parameters you are passing the function do not meet the definition.  The first parameter is a buffer and the second parameter is the length of the buffer.  if you are using windows 7 which is x64 the entry point may be different.

[DllImport(@"kernel32.dll", SetLastError=true)] 
    public static extern bool GetLogicalProcessorInformation( 

IntPtr Buffer, 

ref uint ReturnLength 
    ); 

In the webpage the function is called twice.  the first time with IntPtr.Zero and returns the length of the buffer the function requires.  then the code uses Allocate to get the appropriate size bufffer and then calls the function a second time with a pointer to the allocated buffer.

GetLogicalProcessorInformation(IntPtr.Zero, ref ReturnLength);
    if (Marshal.GetLastWin32Error() == ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER)
    {
             IntPtr Ptr = Marshal.AllocHGlobal((int)ReturnLength);
            try
           {
                     if (GetLogicalProcessorInformation(Ptr, ref ReturnLength))

jdweng

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:20 AM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:40 PM
  • Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

For Adobe photoshop products, please post your question to http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

You can get better support there.

Thanks,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:57 AM