App-V 5.1 Global publishing error 0x80072F8F when no user logged on RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the App-v 5.1 RDS Client on a Citrix XenApp Server delivered via Citrix Provisioning Services.

I need to publish the App-V shortcuts to the server when it boots, before any users log on. So I have a startup task that simply runs the following PowerShell under the SYSTEM account:

get-appvpublishingserver | sync-appvpublishingserver -global

This is failing, with the following error:

sync-appvpublishingserver : Application Virtualization Service failed to
    complete requested operation.
    Operation attempted: RefreshPublishingServer.
    Internet Error: 0x80072F8F - Content decoding has failed
    Error module: Publishing. Internal error detail: 45500D2780072F8F.
    Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.

When I remotely connect to the Task Scheduler and run the above script on demand, it also fails. Yet when someone is logged on to the server and I remotely execute the script, it runs successfully and publishes the apps as requested.

So in brief, if a user is logged on the command executes successfully. With no users logged on the command fails.

I've searched for other mentions of this error code but nothing has brought me a resolution. It would seem to be perhaps permission related, but I've checked on the publishing server and on the content store and everything seems fine. I also investigated the idea that it might be proxy related, but the SYSTEM account is configured to use direct connection and the Publishing Server is on our internal network.

I'm running out of ideas - does anyone else have any suggestions?

Friday, December 30, 2016 1:01 AM

All replies