Exchange 2010 mailbox move stuck in Queue in EMS RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have been moving mailboxes to specific database in a larger project involving a DAG with respect to offices and location.  Everything have been working fine in regards to mailbox moves etc..until yesterday when I notice 10 queued mailbox set for a move but no progress and a large mailbox I set for a move but stopped via remove-moverequest because I want to take the opportunity to trim these large mailbox via archive PST. 

During this time, I noticed in EMC that 'Database Mailbox 2' (whom all the queued moved mailbox is moving to btw) is in a 'Failed and Suspended' state on the remote DAG site.  We are in the process of re-seeding the specific database to the DAG.  I have ran get-moverequest | remove-moverequest

To stop all queued moves while seeding, but in Exchange Management Shell, I run

get-moverequeststatistics -moverequestqueue "Mailbox Database 2" 

and still see the queued move mailboxes.  What is funny is, in EMC, under Move Request, I don't see any mailbox in queue only in EMS.  What is causing this? 

So the issue I'm having is any move request to 'Mailbox Database 2' is queued, but no move progress.  When I try to remove the move request, it stays in the EMS, but is removed in EMC.

Hope this is not too confusing to read.  Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks!

• Edited by Nutzer Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:47 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi.

Get-MoveRequest  | where {$_.status -eq "Completed"} | Remove-MoveRequest

You can chage staus to other name.

Run As Administrator - EMS

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:11 PM
  • Yes, I'm assuming the command is to remove a 'Completed' move request? 

The issue is, queued up move request is stuck, would not progress and won't remove itself from EMS even when I ran

Remove-MoveRequest -identity "user@contoso.com" on specific queued users.

On EMC, its fine, there is no Move Request on queue.  Only on EMS.

Could the issue be that I'm in the middle of a re-seeding on Database 2 that is causing this issue?

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 6:44 PM
  • Sometime EMC demonstrate don't corrected information and need check on EMS.

On EMC you are can see only 30% feature

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 6:50 PM
  • Oleg,

Ok, so with what I said before, are you saying to run

Get-MoveRequest | where {$_.status -eq "Completed"} | Remove-MoveRequest

and see what happens?

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:15 PM
  • After when you are clean all move request. 

1. Move all other mailbox from this DB  

2. Check and rebuild Index DB

3. Maybe move mailbox to other DB on this server.

4. Check Mailbox Replication Service and Replication Health.

After you are repeat move mailbox.

Exchange 2010 Mailbox Moves and Mailbox Resiliency

Newly created move request remains in queued status forever in Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016

• Edited by Oleg.Kovalenko Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:34 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Saturday, July 23, 2016 3:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, July 25, 2016 1:23 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:33 PM
  • I would trust the EMS over the EMC.  It may be possible certain DC may be reporting it incorrectly, try running the cmd get-moverequest cmdlet against specific DC's just to make sure.  Also check the EMC on different servers to see if they all report the same.

Get-MoveRequest -DomainController DCNAME

Thursday, July 14, 2016 8:56 PM
  • Hi,

What's the result of the command? After that please run the following command and have a check:

Get-moverequeststatistics -moverequestqueue "Mailbox Database 2" 

If the Status value is Queued or InProgress, then the request is proceeding normally.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Jason.Chao Friday, July 15, 2016 10:29 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 10:29 AM