none
Visualisation of resource availability RRS feed

• Question

• How can I build In MS Projevt a layout where I have:

for example two persons - person A and person B who are available on rotational basis(when Person A is in country, person B is out of country) and their availability to be shown as a bars...and once one person's schedule is altered i can enter his new availability somwhere in MS project and it will be reflected visually on the layout (Something like their availability eill be visible as horisontal bars). And afterwards I'll be able to assign different activities against those persons. Something like this

Saturday, August 20, 2011 6:50 PM

Answers

• Neitrino,

Sorry Project does not have the graphic capability you are seeking. If you want to show resource availability graphically as in your example, you will need to either do it directly in Excel as you already have or extract Project resource availability data and export it to Excel using the Visual Reports feature or VBA.You can however, see resource hours and availability information on the Resource Usage view.

In Project resource availability is determined by customization of a resource's work calendar, if their work time differs from that of the project calendar.

John

Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:48 PM

All replies

• Neitrino,

Sorry Project does not have the graphic capability you are seeking. If you want to show resource availability graphically as in your example, you will need to either do it directly in Excel as you already have or extract Project resource availability data and export it to Excel using the Visual Reports feature or VBA.You can however, see resource hours and availability information on the Resource Usage view.

In Project resource availability is determined by customization of a resource's work calendar, if their work time differs from that of the project calendar.

John

Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:48 PM
  • You might be better off using a role. That way you have one full time role filled by either person.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:13 AM