Cloud Connector RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

Up to now I'm performing few test on Skype for business 2015 and Skype for business Online, but I'm stuck in Skype for business Cloud Connector Edition...

The goal was (for the Online version), to have a full cloud installation, with SIP trunk, IVR and everything a company could ask.

I've never find a SBC (seems essential for Sip Trunking) who works without a Cloud Connector, is there any alternative to this? 

About the SBC, I found a Pure IP Sip trunk trial, i'll get it in few days, they told me that i'll need to use a server on site (not perfect for the first goal but anyway, we can imagine it on Azure...), but they never talked about a CCE, is someone try thoses kind of services and can tell me more about how it works?

I'm also looking on a free SBC service, sometimes free good things aren't famous (I'm optimistic ;) ) or maybe not so expensive, which one do you use in production?

Thanks you in advance!

Thursday, April 6, 2017 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Simon.dlt

Please refer to the following blog post that should hopefully answer some of your questions around CCE requirements:

http://blog.chiffers.com/2017/03/04/what-is-cloudpbx-and-cce/

In terms of your requirements, I want to point out that right now, Cloud PBX in Office 365 doesnt support IVR's.

For your SIP trunk requirements, i'd recommend something similar to either a Sonus SBC 1000/2000 or an AudioCodes SBC.

- Craig
    blog.chiffers.com

Friday, April 7, 2017 5:58 AM
  • Hi Simon,

In addition to above suggestions, I will add: the SBC which Microsoft has certificated could be referred by the following link, but I am not sure if it is free:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn947483

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 7, 2017 10:22 AM
  • Any SBC Certified to work with Skype for Business Server will work with Cloud Connector https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn947483.

Note the both Sonus and Audiocodes have Cloud Connector Appliances with SBC built in.

Friday, April 7, 2017 2:15 PM
  • Deleted
    Friday, April 7, 2017 2:56 PM
  • Thank you everyone, Actually, I found thoses SBCs on Microsoft documentations (Google before forums :p ). But trying this service for the first time, don't want to buy something that i don't need.. I found a Colt SIP trunk which seems to have all necessary hardware in cloud (that's what i would like, a full cloud solution), but for other tests I still need a CCE (almost finished that f*****g long installation), but I have a last question. Is it possible to realise a SIP trunk with an other PBX (Avaya for exemple) only with a CCE and no SBC? or maybe it could be better... Thank in advance!
    Friday, April 7, 2017 3:14 PM
  • Hi Simon,

As I am concerned, we could create a SIP trunk with an other PBX only with a CCE and without SBC.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:57 AM
  • With another PBX, I directly connected my mediation server to an Avaya IP Office , there is absolutely no issue to do this without an SBC, I found a tutorial I don't remember where, but I can confirm that's possible :) 

With a SIP trunk provider, I can't confirm that :(

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:01 AM
  • I have SIP provider and PBX on premise will this work i am very interested?!

Friday, December 1, 2017 8:11 PM