128 bit encryption explorer for Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I need Explorer 10 running in 128 bit encryption.

I use Windows 7, Ultimate

My ONLINE banking requires 128 bit encryption.

Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

on my Win7 PC with IE10, 128bit encryption is operational.
    (I think 128bit has been the minimum since IE7 or something)

You can check yours like this;

visit a secured website, e.g. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin/ms13-047
    right-click the mouse anywhere in a blank or plain text area on the page, and choose Properties
    the encryption method should be displayed:

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

on my Win7 PC with IE10, 128bit encryption is operational.
    (I think 128bit has been the minimum since IE7 or something)

You can check yours like this;

visit a secured website, e.g. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin/ms13-047
    right-click the mouse anywhere in a blank or plain text area on the page, and choose Properties
    the encryption method should be displayed:

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:51 AM
  • in IE9 and earlier versions, the cipher strength would be displayed in the "Help, About" box:

Don

Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:53 AM
  • Hi,

Any update about this?

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 24, 2013 9:20 AM