none
Registry Failed - Unspecified error

Question

• Hello,

All PCs in our domain, have one Computer policy error. by Run gpupdate /force the User Policy update has completed successfully but the Computer Policy could not be updated successfully. 

by run rsop.msc all the GPO applied successfully. However on the Error information Tap, in the Component Status the Registry failed with unspecified error.

From gpupdate /force I can see the  CN of the GPO that failed and I found its location on the server.

\\DomainName\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\MACHINE

I don't know what is about and how to fix it. I found this thread https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/3474500f-4158-4def-9fca-e46e38113b97/registry-failed-error-1125-unspecified-error?forum=winserverGP 

the guy said that he fixed it by using a third party tool reg edit tool to remove the roague registry settings from the "Registry.pol" file in the GP. 

I am not sure if the issue is the same with the above threat.

Could you please advise/help ? 

Thursday, February 04, 2016 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to the thread provided by you, have you found the same issue on the registry key?

Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\SUBKEY1.

You could see details regarding this key from:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/918238

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 05, 2016 4:31 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot find this path in the registry.

I found HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft and then I don't see Internet explorer

Also  in the Group Policy Management , in the Settings of Default Domain Policy, there is this error : 

Do you know what is the name of admx file for Search Providers ? So that I will check if there is a space before "Software" according to the threat provided by me
    Friday, February 05, 2016 9:39 AM
  • Fixed the issue by using the command  Dcgpofix /ignoreschema 
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:51 AM