none
HP Pavilion Slimline RRS feed

• Question

• Just purchased a HP Pavilion Slimline 400-334 PC. I deployed windows 7 from MDT 2012. Image appeared to install correctly; however, upon reboot I get "windows starting" and nothing happens, just sits there. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I need to run diskpart and re-format the drive. It appears maybe driver issue? Looking in the bios, storage, sata, options are sata or IDE. Tried both. 
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:32 PM

Answers

• Sounds like maybe you have the needed PE drivers to format the drive and deploy the image but not all the right PnP drivers to actually boot Windows properly. The other possibility could be the image itself, it depends on how you built that image. Give some more information, like does this image work on other models, is the machine configured for UEFI, are you using 64bit drivers for a 64bit OS, etc.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by superhl Wednesday, April 22, 2015 2:54 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:25 PM

All replies

• Sounds like maybe you have the needed PE drivers to format the drive and deploy the image but not all the right PnP drivers to actually boot Windows properly. The other possibility could be the image itself, it depends on how you built that image. Give some more information, like does this image work on other models, is the machine configured for UEFI, are you using 64bit drivers for a 64bit OS, etc.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by superhl Wednesday, April 22, 2015 2:54 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:25 PM
  • The image works fine for other machines. I am certain it is a driver issue... There is not an option for UEFI in the bios on this machine, only SATA and IDE. I thinking i need to download the drivers from HP and update the deployment. 

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:46 PM