none
Logitech keyboard and mouse RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there,

I've just purchased a Logitech Wave wired USB keyboard, and a Logitech V220 cordless mouse. Windows tried to find drivers of the internet, but seemed to fail. I tried installing the Logitech drivers in compatibility mode, to no avail.

Any ideas? Cheers
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:15 AM

Answers

• Hi again Steffanovich:
       Is it possible that you downloaded the drivers for the wireless Wave Keyboard/Mouse combo?  Since you have a wired Wave keyboard and wireless mouse you would need wired keyboard driver in the links I posted and the wireless mouse driver AND setpoint software.  If you installed the wireless keyboard driver of course that wouldn't work.  The setpoint software should work with your mouse as installed though.

EDIT:
        You may be able to use your mouse and keyboard without installing any Logitec drivers.  On their website I ran into this:

"All current Logitech keyboards and mice will function with most Microsoft Windows-based operating systems without additional software installed. For Windows operating systems, SetPoint software is the main utility for current keyboards and mice."

I guess I would try uninstalling the drivers and re-start if necessary for Win7 to install the built-in drivers and see if you can work with them.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Steffanovich:
         I'm using a wireless Logitech Wave keyboard/mouse with Win7 64-bit using the automatically installed Win7 built drivers.  Did you use the drivers that came with the Wave keyboard or did you download the latest Vista 32/64 bit drivers from their website.  If you used the ones on the original CD I'm pretty sure there are some updated Vista drivers available that should work with Win7.  Below is a link to the driver download for  the wired Wave keyboard:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/434/3071&cl=us,en?WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd

And here is the link for the mouse:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/428/3295&cl=us,en?WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd

Be sure to select the correct Vista driver for the Win7 operating system you have installed!
    You will need to use the compatibility mode by right-clicking the .exe file.  You may need to install the setpoint software for the usb receiver if you haven't already.  That download is listed with the mouse download.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:09 AM
  • Newnerd,

Thanks for your help, but I've tried all that already. Is it possible to get the drivers on their own without having to use the set point software? Its like the drivers are installed but my computer is unable to link them with the hardware.

Thanks.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:28 AM
  • I am running a Logitech Wave on x64 and I have had no issues with it from installation. 
    I am of course not running the Logitech drivers at the moment because I really don't need the programmed keys and such.
    Volume, forward, reverse, and mute have been use and work well as well as any normal keys.
    My mouse has no issues whatsoever.

I will go grab the Logitech drivers and see if I can get them running in a bit. 
    Will report back on that later.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:45 AM
  • I am running a Logitech Wave on x64 and I have had no issues with it from installation. 
    I am of course not running the Logitech drivers at the moment because I really don't need the programmed keys and such.
    Volume, forward, reverse, and mute have been use and work well as well as any normal keys.
    My mouse has no issues whatsoever.

I will go grab the Logitech drivers and see if I can get them running in a bit. 
    Will report back on that later.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:46 AM
  • Hi again Steffanovich:
       Is it possible that you downloaded the drivers for the wireless Wave Keyboard/Mouse combo?  Since you have a wired Wave keyboard and wireless mouse you would need wired keyboard driver in the links I posted and the wireless mouse driver AND setpoint software.  If you installed the wireless keyboard driver of course that wouldn't work.  The setpoint software should work with your mouse as installed though.

EDIT:
        You may be able to use your mouse and keyboard without installing any Logitec drivers.  On their website I ran into this:

"All current Logitech keyboards and mice will function with most Microsoft Windows-based operating systems without additional software installed. For Windows operating systems, SetPoint software is the main utility for current keyboards and mice."

I guess I would try uninstalling the drivers and re-start if necessary for Win7 to install the built-in drivers and see if you can work with them.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:55 PM
  • logitech setpoint driver 4.72 works flawlessly in windows 64 bit ..
    it will then update as necessary
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 10:52 PM