none
User's home directory permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to prevent a non-administrator user from directly writing any files to any directory on disk -- including anything that would go into the WDP cache.  I have enabled the setting "Prevent users from creating folders and files on drive C:\", locked the user's profile with high restrictions, and turned on WDP.

In C:\Documents and Settings\ I set the user.orig directory permissions to be read+execute, list folder contents, and read for that user and pushed the permissions down to all directories below it in an attempt to disallow writes to the user's directories.

When I turn on WDP and log in as the user, I see the original home directory is copied to a new directory without the ".orig" suffix and the user has been granted write access to this new directory.

How can I prevent these wide permissions from being granted to the new user directory?
    Friday, September 12, 2008 4:00 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Michael, you can also hide the drive you want and the user will not able to access it or write data on it. Meanwhile, since you have turned on Windows Disk Protection, those changes/data will not be retained after restarting the computer. That is to say, the user is not able to write/save any data to the computer.

Monday, September 15, 2008 6:02 AM