none
Timesheet entries to Microsoft Outlook shared calendar (vacation calendar) RRS feed

• Question

• We're trying to create a shared time-off/vacation calendar based off the "Planned" time off users enter in PWA Timesheets under the Vacation administrative time category. I've been digging around a ton of resources and have done significant experimention and can't figure out a way to do this via workflows (Timesheet line Add/Change/Delete are not an available events for workflows, at least not that I've been able to find) or any other native or 3rd party methods (FluentHub doesn't support Timesheet events and Nintex, although they had a way to do this in Project Server, doesn't support Project Online to this level).

The only thing I can think of is to create an Excel spreadsheet with a OData connection to PWA's TimesheetLineActualDataSet and some VBA code to create Outlook Calendar events based on what's been added/changed since the last time it was opened. That seems a bit kludgy, though.

Any other ideas?

Thursday, June 14, 2018 7:53 PM

All replies

• Steve - I feel your pain, you are seeking the Holy Grail as far as this level of visibility on a fundamental and common attribute of individuals within an organisation is concerned.

Given that it is possible to have people book non-working time through timesheets, that this then impacts their capacity/availability and that their details in terms of user account and email address are common attributes you would hope for this information to be easily consumed by Outlook, after all it is a far more popular than Project. 

I have no idea if this request is on the roadmap but you are not alone in identifying it as a useful feature.

I guess we just need to watch this space.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Friday, June 15, 2018 11:37 AM