none
Server 2012 file server loses connection to passthrough disk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

We have a virtual fileserver (server 2012), on a server 2012 hyper-v cluster. This server uses a passthrough disk as the main file store (D:\). This disk contains all the user data, profiles etc. Data is stored on a Dell Powervault md3220 (Direct Attached Storage). The other two virtual disks on the storage have no issues.
    I contacted Dell support and they couldn't find an issue with the storage.

A few days ago the D: drive of the file server became unaccesable for no apparent reason, the server became unresponsive and the only way to get it up and running was to shutdown the file server and reboot it. After that the disk became accesible again, but the issue repeated after a few minutes. After that, it worked for about three days.

A couple of days later we had the same issue.

I can't find any apparent causes in the logs and searching the web leads me nowhere (maybe one topic on this forum, but I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but it doesn't have a solution anyway).

I really hope someone has an idea on how to solve it, because it interferes with the final exams taking place at the moment.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:51 AM

All replies