SMTP Relay - Can I point the 2010 CAS Array FQDN to Exchange 2016? RRS feed

• Question

• We are migrating from 2010 to 2016.

There are no 2010 mailbox servers left. Only hub/cas. 

I know that many applications are using the current CAS Array (mail.company.local) as their configured SMTP Relay end-point. Is it possible to change the IP address of the Cas Array to point it to the new relay endpoint (smtp.company.local - which points to Exchange 2016)? 

I think it will be fine but I just want to be sure -I'm afraid that maybe if 2016 still tries to connect or proxy to 2010 in some way that clients will be impacted (popups or something?).

I hope my explanation is a bit clear :-)

Thanks for the help already.

Monday, October 30, 2017 12:04 PM

Answers

• We are migrating from 2010 to 2016.

There are no 2010 mailbox servers left. Only hub/cas. 

I know that many applications are using the current CAS Array (mail.company.local) as their configured SMTP Relay end-point. Is it possible to change the IP address of the Cas Array to point it to the new relay endpoint (smtp.company.local - which points to Exchange 2016)? 

I think it will be fine but I just want to be sure -I'm afraid that maybe if 2016 still tries to connect or proxy to 2010 in some way that clients will be impacted (popups or something?).

I hope my explanation is a bit clear :-)

Thanks for the help already.

If there are no mailboxes or public folders then feel free to move that namespace to 2016.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Marked as answer by Jozef Woo Monday, October 30, 2017 2:39 PM
    Monday, October 30, 2017 2:06 PM