none
DNS routing and forwarder on Windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Basically when our organization employees are connecting to a particular website it's redirecting to one or another server. One of those servers has a longer reply delay and more hops when I tried to do a tracert. Also when there was a small DNS issue from ISP side it was not going through to that server. So the website was not accessible.

The question would be how do I force certain website to route to particular server ?  Is it achievable through 'Forward Lookup Zones' on DNS server settings on Server Management ?

MK

Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>The question would be how do I force certain website to route to particular server ?  Is it achievable through 'Forward Lookup Zones' on DNS server settings on Server Management ?

If you have your own DNS server,you could create a new Forward Lookup Zone,like www.abc.com, then add an A record with blank name and a IP address.

If you don't,you could add a record in Hosts file on each client's machine,like www.abc.com  1.2.3.4

Friday, July 15, 2016 3:05 AM