SQL Servers not showing up in Dashboards RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Operations Manager 2012 R2. I have imported all relevant management packs including the Generic SQL Dashboard however under the monitoring tab they are not visible. I have at least 5 SQL 2012 R2 servers in my environment and all show as discovered in Operations manager however they do not show in the monitoring pane.

Please can someone assist.

Regards

Adrian

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Adrian,

do you have some Events in the Operations Manager Event log on your MS? Something in regrds to accounts?

Have you Setup your accounts for the SQL monitoring properly? Please take a look here in regards to configuring the Run As acconts and Profiles:

Configuring Run As Accounts and Profiles in OpsMgr – A SQL Management Pack Example

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:59 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Adrian,

do you have some Events in the Operations Manager Event log on your MS? Something in regrds to accounts?

Have you Setup your accounts for the SQL monitoring properly? Please take a look here in regards to configuring the Run As acconts and Profiles:

Configuring Run As Accounts and Profiles in OpsMgr – A SQL Management Pack Example

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:59 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:36 PM
  • Hello,

To get SQL servers well monitored, Please try Stoyan's suggestion to configure runas account and profiles.

In addition, as you said you have those servers show as discovered, I suppose you see those servers under Windows Computers state view in the Monitoring workspace. What do you mean they are not shown in the monitoring pane?

With SQL management pack imported, you should have a folder named as the management pack name list under Monitoring workspace, with in the folder, you should see proper views in it.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:23 AM