Print Spooler error 129 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i have searched everywhere for a solution but cannot find one. I have this error in services.msc which is not letting me install my printer. My printer - kodak all in one 5210 - was working fine then it just disappeared. I tried to reinstall from the disc but it get to a particular stage and cannot continue the install because the printer spool cannot be started. In services i get the message "windows could not start the print spooler on local computer error code 129: 0x81. If i go to properties on the print spooler, in the description it says "failed to read description. error code 1812. What do i need to do?

Thanks

Since then i did SCF /Scannow and i have many printspooler corrupt files i can show logfile if required.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue may occur due to printer driver crashing the service. It is suggested to uninstall printer driver first then reinstall the latest driver to check.

For the logfile, you can upload the collected files to SkyDrive, and let me know the URL by replying this thread. For detailed steps on how to upload files with SkyDrive, please refer to:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

The above Windows Live ID is ONLY for collecting troubleshooting information. Please do NOT send your questions to it. For any new questions, please post in the forums so that more MSFT, MVP and community members can help you.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, May 30, 2011 9:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue may occur due to printer driver crashing the service. It is suggested to uninstall printer driver first then reinstall the latest driver to check.

For the logfile, you can upload the collected files to SkyDrive, and let me know the URL by replying this thread. For detailed steps on how to upload files with SkyDrive, please refer to:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

The above Windows Live ID is ONLY for collecting troubleshooting information. Please do NOT send your questions to it. For any new questions, please post in the forums so that more MSFT, MVP and community members can help you.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, May 30, 2011 9:31 AM
  • Hi there, tried that, it wont let me install the lastest driver, i get an error 75% of the way through declaring a runtime error. Also, my windows Live ID (messenger) will not load either due to an error??Error code 800706ba i have tried following troubleshooter but it wont work either.

thanks

Friday, June 10, 2011 8:26 AM
  • Hi,

It seems there are more issues. Please make sure the system is clean by performing disk scan from antivirus software.

Do you fix those4 printspooler corrupt by SFC?

This indicates corrupt system file, we can perform in-place upgrade as resolution. But this will need to reinstall all software. Before go to that point, I suggest create a new account to check the result. If the issue disappear in new account, we can transfer files from old to new.

Regards,

Monday, June 13, 2011 7:45 AM
  • Hi SFC doesn't repair it unfortunately. Would a system restore repair it?

Thanks

Monday, June 13, 2011 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

We can have a try. Restore to the date before the issue occurred. If no go, repair install.

Regards,

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:28 AM