none
the group policy client service failed the logon. Access is denied RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 7 and when I turn my dell  laptop on this is the message i get after entering my password. My computer works in safe mode but not in normal mode. How do I get rid of this with out loosing everything on my computer?
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Before going any further, I would like to verify these situations:

1 Did this issue appear before?

2 Did your PC in a domain?

I suggest to perform some tests which mention in:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaapps/thread/c88515b4-4be7-4f6f-9988-80f8a5683b41

Even though they are for Vista, they should be applicable to Windows 7 too.

If this issue persists, you can try to make a system restore:

Perform a system restore in WinRE

1) Restart PC

2) Press “F8” and select “Repair Your computer”

3) choose System Restore.

Also this link may helpful to you:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/5d8d1157-88a3-43e7-a248-6bb9a960b30f

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:22 AM
  • HI Leo, congrats on your 28K points! really great.

I have had same issue with my old HP desktop Pentium4 on Win 7 pro when updates occur. the "group policy client service failed..." issue.

I took your guidance to go to safe mode, built a new user, and tried it by restarting, and it worked. so new user with admin priv. allowed me to check root drive users - lots of temp users - I deleted all  their folders. then found my last user name and copied all the user files to the new user I just made. as the desktop files were being copied I could see my old desktop coming back! there was 41 gig to copy, took an hour plus.

It may have been easier to do a restage win7, but I wanted to try this approach.

anyway, restarted and see my files and folders, etc. all there. so  far so good, until the next update Tuesday...or until Norton has its way with the old hard drive.

btw, I couldn't load win 8-10 due to some processor security inadequacy. really old 2004 machine.

Sunday, October 8, 2017 10:48 PM