How to develop NAP client RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I would like to know can a third party develop there own nap client for non windows OS.

If NAP client development is possible what documents, URL, library and supports are availbale?

I would appreciate if some one can refer me some tutorials, development environment.

Regards

Lee

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Lee,

Here is there reference for API to develop your own SHA/V

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369726(VS.85).aspx

Thanks

-RamaSubbu SK

Personal Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:58 PM
  • In order to implement a NAP Client you need to implement the Statement of Health for Network Access Protection (NAP) Protocol.

Please refer to:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc212976.aspx

You can also send an e-mail to asknap@microsoft.com and ask about licensing the NAP protocol.

thanks

Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:37 AM
  • Hi Conduroglu,
      I am not expert in NAP client development but just studied about it. I have analysed the IP traffic while I have done NAP Ipsec enforcement.
      I have found that a NAP client machine (say Vista) is sending its health using HTTP protocol (I guess it could be ssl and Kerberos too depend on setting) to NAP server (Windows 2008). Visat client post its health (might be) to Windows 2008 like this -- HTTP: Request, POST/domainhra/hcsrvext.dll   (This happen only in NAP-IPsec enforcement)
      My question is what is inside the packet when Vista  post to windows 2008,? Is it SHA ? and how can one write this packet in his code , what is the packet structure, error handling etc...

And I agree with you regarding SOH, I have found that when VISTA , post its health to NAP server, then NAP server provide Statement of Health to vista client using SOH protocol.
      I would like to know how a vista machine handles Statement of Health.

Thanks
    Brijesh Shukla
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 4:51 AM