Terminal server client\Citrix issues with SCCM integration. RRS feed

• Question

• The issue that I have run into is that when a virtual application that is pushed to me through SCCM (ideally to use on my desktop) it OVERWRITES the manually added virtual application on the Citrix server.  When I state manually added I mean through a cmd prompt.  Is there a fix for this so that either way will work and they will play nice together or am I doing something wrong?  We feel the manual install cmd line trick will work best to publish virtual applications in our Citrix environment, but the using SCCM will work best for our desktops.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:47 PM

Answers

•  

from the App-V and SCCM Whitepaper, pg. 30 (at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/appvirtualization/cc843994.aspx)

"Note: When Configuration Manager takes control of the virtual application delivery to client PCs, any virtual applications that have been previously delivered to those client PCs using delivery methods other than Configuration Manager will be removed from the client PCs."  

Also note the special remarks on Remote Desktop Servers following that.

I asume that _after_ SCCM took control over the App-V Client you might be able to use MSI bases deployment of virtual applications again, but I would not relly on this.

I am not sure if the "App-V support" on the Advertised Programs Client can be controlled on a per-site basis...

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:54 AM
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:01 PM