none
MS Project 2013 no longer displaying plus and minus symbol in task name RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently purchased MS Project 2013 and noticed my projects no longer display the plus and minus symbols that allow rollup / rollout of summary tasks shown in the Task name field. Instead there is a small triangle symbol similar to a comment indicator which still allows me to do the same thing however it is difficult to select. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It doesn't happen when I use MS Project 2010 or earlier however that was on a different setup.  

Monday, June 15, 2015 5:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Oze1

Do you mean the symbol indicated in the image?  If so, I don't believe you can change this, it's part of the interface.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Marked as answer by Oze1 Monday, June 15, 2015 1:02 PM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This used to be an option but I no longer find it under file, options.

The option can still be found in VBA as follows:

Developer ribbon

Left, icon Visual Basic

Do you see a (partial) window called Immediate? If no, click View, then Immediate Window

In the immediate window type OutlineSymbolsToggle, then Enter

There you are.

Greetings,

Monday, June 15, 2015 7:50 AM
  • Hi Oze1

Do you mean the symbol indicated in the image?  If so, I don't believe you can change this, it's part of the interface.

• Marked as answer by Oze1 Monday, June 15, 2015 1:02 PM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

So sorry, I misread the question. My reply thus was perfectly true, ut completely irrelevant.

Monday, June 15, 2015 12:57 PM
  • Hey Jan,

There's no harm in that!  I think irrelevance is perfectly relevant at times!

Monday, June 15, 2015 1:00 PM
  • Thanks Ben, is the screenshot of the symbol in the top image taken from an earlier version of MS project? That's exactly what I was trying to change back to. The bottom image is what I'm seeing. Bad news for me I suppose if that's how it's been setup in MS Project 2013. Anyway, thanks for your help. Cheers, Oze1.

Monday, June 15, 2015 1:06 PM
  • Thanks anyway. Cheers, Oze1.
    Monday, June 15, 2015 1:07 PM
  • Hi Oze1,

Yes, the top is 2010, the bottom 2013. 

Monday, June 15, 2015 1:07 PM
  • This worked when I had the same isue.  I have no idea how the plus and minus got turned off, though.
    Friday, December 16, 2016 5:26 PM