<script type="text/javascript">     
    function play_sound(url, speed) {     
      var audioElement = document.createElement('audio');     
      audioElement.setAttribute('src', url); 
      audioElement.playbackRate = speed;     
      audioElement.play();     
    }     
    </script> 

I call this function as follows: onClick="play_sound('audio/S0001.mp3',0.67);"

It works fine in all (most?) browsers except Internet Explorer. I currently have version 10.0.9200.17116, so I don't know if this is a bug/problem exclusive to IE10 or not.

Is this a bug and do I need to wait for the next update and advise my website visitors accordingly? Or is there a workaround that will work on IE in the meantime? Perhaps I (and my visitors) have to install an add-on or change a javascript or security setting somewhere?

Many thanks in davance

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• document.body.appendChild(audioElement);

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:54 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you use compatibility mode and F12 developer tool to troubleshoot this issue, since it is related with development issue, so I suggest you move to this forum for further discussion

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?category=iedevelopment

Members there are more familiar with this kind of issue.

Regards

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, November 10, 2014 2:08 AM
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:29 AM