Internet Explorer 10 / 11 Advanced Tab settings not being completely applied RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to enforce settings for the Advanced Tab in IE10 / 11 in our environment.  I have one GPO applying these settings, with no other GPOs that are going to interfere.  RSOP shows the policy is being applied, and I can even test it by changing a setting and running a gpupdate /force to have it changed back.  The weird thing is, not all of the settings on the advanced tab are being enforced.

Here's a rundown of what I'm doing:

I'm setting up policy in User Configuration > Preferences > Control Panel Settings > Internet Settings

And then I'm creating a new "Internet Explorer 10 properties" thing

Then I'm going into the advanced tab and setting the settings I want and hitting F6 to change them to green as seen in the screenshot below.  Please notice the highlighted ones, as these are the ones giving me the problem.

Those two settings are not being enforced.  I then noticed that on the Group Policy Management window on the Settings tab, those two settings (amongst a handful of others) aren't even listed even though I clearly have them set in the screenshot above! 

Why are these settings missing? It seems a number of them actually aren't here.  I realize I can enforce this with registry edits but if the option is in Group Policy then why is it not working? Oh, and the reason it says (Order: 2) is because the settings being used for "Order: 1" are for IE 8 and 9.  There is nothing conflicting between the two either.  My main concern here is why are they missing from that screenshot I posted above?

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

With due respect, I want to confirm if we had checked the checkbox before these settings, for I did a test and the settings were applied rightly. Besides, we can run cmd command gpresult/v or gpresult/h gpreport.html to collect the group policy result on client machines with IE 10 installed, which will further check if these settings get applied. If not, please check if there are related messages appearing in the group policy result.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

• Marked as answer by Frank Shen5 Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:20 AM
    Saturday, May 3, 2014 5:49 PM
  • does the editor seem to be writing the settings into the XML? (check in the policy folder on sysvol)

if not present in the XML, then it's maybe a bug in the prefs editor (there have been a lot of bugfixes over time).

check for hotfixes, e.g.:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2885557/en-us
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2798787/en-us

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, May 3, 2014 11:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

With due respect, I want to confirm if we had checked the checkbox before these settings, for I did a test and the settings were applied rightly. Besides, we can run cmd command gpresult/v or gpresult/h gpreport.html to collect the group policy result on client machines with IE 10 installed, which will further check if these settings get applied. If not, please check if there are related messages appearing in the group policy result.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Saturday, May 3, 2014 5:49 PM
  • does the editor seem to be writing the settings into the XML? (check in the policy folder on sysvol)

if not present in the XML, then it's maybe a bug in the prefs editor (there have been a lot of bugfixes over time).

check for hotfixes, e.g.:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2885557/en-us
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2798787/en-us

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, May 3, 2014 11:32 PM