Email Subscription if the Scheduled End Date of the change request is breached RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts , We are looking for email subscription to notify when the scheduled end date of a change request is breached or ended . I see some blogs pointing to create some custom workflows , wanted to know if there is any better or easy way to do this within the console or something else (where there is no authoring required)
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• I see this option

Criteria : Change Request

Related Class : Change Request

Criteria : [work item]Scheduled end date <is greater than or equal to> relative [now]

I am testing..... not sure if it will work .

Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:11 AM
  • its not working , will this criteria work . Any help would be highly appreciated

Criteria : Change Request

Related Class : Change Request

Criteria : [work item]Scheduled end date <is greater than or equal to> relative [now]

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:17 PM
  • So probably the easiest way to do this would be to create a new SLO metric based on Change Request Scheduled End Data vs Actual End Date, and set the warning to something very small like 1 minute. you can then trigger a notification rule based on the Service Level information. 

Take a look at http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/04/03/service-level-management-in-system-center-2012-service-manager.aspx for examples of how to create SLOs and notifications based on them. 

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:14 PM
  • Thanks Thomas . We don't use SLO/SLA feature here , and it would be very hard for me to convince the management for this.

Do you think there is any other simple way of getting this done , I don't mind trying a workflow ,but from the SCSM console.

Friday, March 14, 2014 1:09 AM
  • Another option would be to add a periodic workflow to look at all of the change requests and set a notification flag.

This is more complex, because you need to:

1. extend the Change Request class with your custom property using the authoring tool. 
    2. Write a custom workflow in powershell or C# that examines all change requests, sets that flag for the ones that meet your criteria, and use the authoring tool to schedule it to run periodically.
    3. write a new notification rule based on your custom property change from false to true. 

regardless of the political climes, it would be a lot easier to maintain a SLO rule, even if that's the only one. 

Friday, March 14, 2014 5:22 PM
  • Maybe this PowerShell script is helpful:

SCSM: Mail Notification - Change Request Scheduled End Date breached V0.2

You can schedule this in a SCSM workflow (created with the SCSM Authoring Tool) or with the built-in Task Scheduler of the OS on the SCSM server.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:09 PM
  • Thanks Andreas. This is something very close that I am looking at. for now I can give them a windows OS scheduled task option

I am going to give a shot and see if I can create a workflow. Is there is any simple and easy to understand documentation on how to create workflows(this is the first time I would be doing authoring)

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:42 AM
  • In this blog post Marcel describes how to create a workflow in the SCSM Authoring Tool:

Service Manager Workflows – Part 1

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:04 AM