Need product key from my 8.1 to activate new installed 10 RRS feed

• Question

•  HELP !!!    My hard drive failed me @ only a 1.5yrs old ` took it to local guy and he replaced hard drive an installed Windows 10, BUT ! I can't regenerate any of my programs with out Activating Windows 10 with a product key from my 8.1 to activate new installed 10 ?  I have no way of retrieving the key ? I called Costco Concierge and HP and they were as helpful as (well I can't say what I'd like to say)... Can you PLEASE HELP ME !!!!  I am Disabled/Retired,  I have few pleasures and even less money, This computer was a gift from my family a  year an a half ago to keep me occupied, I just put out $250 for hard drive & labor and several combined hours on hold and still no thing is resolved, I pray you can help me...

Thank you,  Elizabeth Ruby

HP Pavilion 17-f023cl TouchSmart Laptop | AMD A10          Item #899198

Item #899198

Monday, June 27, 2016 1:22 AM

Answers

• ER

If your computer came with win 8.1 pre-installed the win 8 key should be stored in BIOS.  The tech should have installed 8.1 for you and then upgraded to win 10.  You MAY be able to find the 8.1 key by using this application but I have  no way of knowing how the "tech" installed win 10.  It may not even be a legitimate copy.

Use this to find the key https://neosmart.net/blog/2014/windows-10-embedded-product-key-tool/

When you find the key please give us the last 3 groups of 5 letters/numbers (ie xxxxx-xxxxx-?????-?????-????) so we can check what it is

Also please run this so we can fiind out the state of the win 10 installation

In order to determine the actual state Windows is in, run this command in an elevated command prompt and then paste the contents of report.txt in your reply:

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Monday, June 27, 2016 4:09 PM