none
HP Elitebook 840 G6 Imaging Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with some Elitebook 840 G6 PCs but not all of them.  The issue is the PC gets to the MDT screen and then reboots before prompting for credentials.

I have downloaded all the drivers from HP using the SofPaq software and I have manually exported the drivers from the computers that are failing and imported them into MDT.

I have also verified the HP WinPE drivers are the latest version.

Any thoughts?

Monday, September 23, 2019 3:14 PM

Answers

• Figured it out.  Apparently there was still part of a task sequence left over from HP's imaging process.  I used diskpart to clean the volume and I was back in business.
    • Marked as answer by AndyC VT Monday, September 23, 2019 10:09 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 10:09 PM

All replies

• I have also compared all BIOS settings to PCs that successfully image to those that are not imaging and I didn't find anything different.

I also tried updating the BIOS on one of the failed PCs and that didn't help.

Monday, September 23, 2019 4:53 PM
  • Figured it out.  Apparently there was still part of a task sequence left over from HP's imaging process.  I used diskpart to clean the volume and I was back in business.
    • Marked as answer by AndyC VT Monday, September 23, 2019 10:09 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 10:09 PM
  • Hi Guys

Hope someone can help,

we are experiencing issues with sound and the Intel Smart Technology OED - Code 10 anyone else experiencing sound issues when using SCCM.

I have tried various different ways to apply the drivers:

- Driver Packages importing the drivers from the HP SCCM Driver Pack Website

- Used DISM to inject driver into the OS

- Used HP SDM and applied softpaqs after the OS

OS - Windows 10 Pro 1809 and 1903

Thanks

Matt

• Edited by Kemp59 Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:23 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:22 PM
  • Hi Matt,

I was also facing same issue, now i have created package and installing with pnputil command .

Monday, October 21, 2019 10:10 AM
  • Similar issue for us...

830 G6, MDT, restarts before TS selection screen. I would have thought it was NIC related, as ours are not getting an IP address, despite the intel NIC being the same model as the earlier G5. I can only assume its a microcode/firmware change on it, and WinPE 1809 does not recognise it.

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:03 PM