I'm getting calendar reminders from a deleted user RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Apologies in advance, I'm not anything near an Exchange admin, nor is my boss, and the two of us are the entire IT department for a small company. If this is the wrong forum, feel free to move to the correct one. I've googled a little, but not even sure how to word it so I haven't come close to a resolution on what I hope is a basic issue. We're running exchange 2010 on Windows server 2008 R2 datacenter. The issue is that I'm getting calendar reminders that aren't mine (For example, I received a few last week that had to do with a wedding). When I open them, I see they're attributed to a user who left the company a while back, and when I look in the Exchange management console, she doesn't have a mailbox. She does have an AD account, so I looked at properties but don't see anything that looks related to the issue. I went through my own account settings in Outlook, didn't see anything there. It's possible that while the user was still here I could have troubleshot a calendar issue for her, so it's possible she added me or I added her as a delegate or something like that. Either way, she isn't here anymore and I'd like to find the source of the link between our accounts, and squash it.

Thanks!

Monday, September 14, 2015 2:56 PM

All replies

• Were you invited to that wedding?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, September 14, 2015 5:50 PM
  • No, that's just the most recent example. I've received reminders for all sorts of things like meetings, lunch appointments, etc.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:44 PM
  • Do you have any other calendars open as additional folders or mailboxes in your profile?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:24 PM
  • No, my own profile is the first place I checked...
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:28 PM
  • No PSTs?

Ultimately it's Outlook that thinks you have those reminders pending.  Have you opened the item when the reminder pops up to try to determine where it is?

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:34 PM
  • I opened it to see which user's name was on it, that's the only way I found who it was since her mailbox had already been deleted.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:24 PM
  • You're getting these reminders in Outlook, right?  You didn't say what version of Outlook you're running.  In Outlook 2013, click Calendar, and in the right-hand pane, look at the calendars you have open.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:28 PM
  • Hi Ed,

I think you're missing what's going on. I know about outlook. Outlook is not the issue. For example, if I install and launch outlook on a completely different computer, the same thing would happen. The source of the item showing up is Exchange Server. Somewhere in Exchange, the deleted users' calendar exists and I'm somehow linked to it. I want to either find the source of the calendar item, or break whatever link I have to it. There's nothing else that can be done on the client (Outlook) side. Thanks!

Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:23 PM
  • Did you ever get an answer?  I have a very similar issue.  Deleted mailbox with a disabled AD account.  
    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:59 PM