none
Are Publishing Image fields supported in the Modern Lists (new experience) for SharePoint Online?

Question

• I have a custom list that uses a Publishing Image field named ButtonImage. When creating a new item in Classic view, the ButtonImage field correctly shows up on the NewForm page with a 'Click here to insert a picture from SharePoint' prompting the user to select an image. 

However, in the new Modern Lists (new experience) preview that Microsoft has rolled out this month, the New Form page no longer shows my ButtonImage field for a user to select an image. Do Modern lists no longer support the Publishing Image field type? If they do, how can I can it to show on the New Form page? 

Thanks,

Claudia

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 1:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Claudia,

I have reproduced this issue. If using new experience, the publishing image field will disappear on the new/edit form. But using the classic experience, the issue does not occur.

In my personal opinion, the new experience is a new feature in SharePoint online, it will continue to be improved based on users’ experience. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:53 AM