none
Unable to get to MIM portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have followed the Microsoft on-line instructions to set up a test network with ADDS, MIM Sync Server, MIM Service Server, Exchange, SQL and Sharepoint (just Google "Set up an identity management server: SharePoint")

After having completed the Sharepoint configuration and trying to connect to the MIM portal, it fails.

All I get is that default IIS landing page.

When I look in the Sharepoint Admin page, the MIM Portal site exists but I cannot get to it or load it.

I have no clue how to troubleshoot this or how to move forward.

In short, I am stuck.

Can anyone provide hints of what I should look at?

I tried to connect to the portal using the A-record "mim.mytestdomain.com" as well as the IP address of the Sharepoint server but still I only get the default, generic landing page.

I tried to delete the Default website as well as both that and the MIM portal were configured with the binding of port 80 but that did not help either.

Greatful for input.

Regards

R.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 8:36 PM

All replies

• If you installed it on site with standard port it should be available on: mim.mytestdomain.com/IdentityManagement/default.aspx address. If it works then you can add some redirection from generic landing page.

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (Blog: IDArchitect.NET)

Thursday, January 16, 2020 9:27 PM