none
Windows Bug? "Incorrect Password" on First Login Attempt RRS feed

• Question

• Hello MS community! I was curious as to 1. whether or not anyone has had this issue, and 2. if anyone knows how to address this problem:

Ever since I've had Win 8-8.1 installed on my new laptops, I always get the same bug- that is, a false notification of my password being incorrect upon login attempt #1. On my 2nd login attempt, (pressing 'enter', clearing the notification) I can always login. This has always happened after about 4-10x of flawless logins on a fresh OS installation and it stays permanent as a bug afterwards.

I mostly stayed quiet because it was just a minor nuisance for me, but I'm curious if this is a known bug and if there's a solution (because we all chase the flawless execution of an OS). For reference, I use a local user account to sign in, but have also had this issue when I used an MS account in the past.

Being as I've had Win 8 and Win 8.1 installed on my past 3 laptops, which all had the same issue- I highly doubt this is an isolated event. I know for some people they can't even login when presented with this message, but this small hiccup in the OS is rather persistent. I really just want to get some community advice/wisdom on this matter.

Monday, June 19, 2017 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you install Windows 8 or 8.1 (download an ISO image or use an OEM installation DVD)?

Try to update your device to the latest through Windows update then check the issue again.

Best regards,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 3:02 AM