6TO4 adapter "Code 10" Will not start up RRS feed

• Question

• I have read some of the other problems out there some are what i'm exsperienceing.I have a Pavilion dv9000 lap top This is my series of events when i got mine.I had security program on at first i had no problem . I installed another type of security and it was working good . I decided to go to a hot spot I had no problem as I was finished I put  my computer on hybernate packed up and left .Came home I put my computer on connected up and got nothing. My computer thought I was still at the hot spot and got confused  when I connected to my router . That's when I discoverd my problem I reinstalled my previous security I then had my internet back. I didn't have wireless I invastegated it and my computer some how switched it's connecting to manual then auto...I changed it and I now have my wireless back.The 6TO4 is still there and that's how i got my 6TO4 problem. I will hate to do a system restore...I will have to call HP to get to the bottom of this ..I will post up what I found out
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:49 PM

Answers

• Problem solved... after contacting HP surport... it ended up being a third party driver software that some how got installed through that security software that I installed..after my working security soft ware I had at first. I uninstalled it and that's it ...problem gone..i hope that helps any body..
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 1:47 AM

All replies

• Problem solved... after contacting HP surport... it ended up being a third party driver software that some how got installed through that security software that I installed..after my working security soft ware I had at first. I uninstalled it and that's it ...problem gone..i hope that helps any body..
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 1:47 AM
  •  

Hi,

Regarding the "Microsoft 6to4 Adapter" error, you can safely ignore this error message. For more information on the error, please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520/en-us

Hope it helps.

Monday, December 22, 2008 9:17 AM