Code coming in for table of content however, others can view a toc when looking at document? RRS feed

• Question

• When opening an existing document or creating a new, the Table of Content and even page numbers reflect as code {TOC ... etc..} or {page}.   others when viewing the same document see the table of content or page numbers.  It appears to be on my system only.  I have deleted my copy and reloaded the software again and this is still happening.  Is there a setting I need to change or update to remove this action, so I can see the actual table of content and page number instead of code?

Any assistance anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, February 21, 2014 1:02 PM

Answers

• You have Word's field code display toggled 'on'. You can toggle it on/off via Alt-F9, or via File|Options|Advanced>Show Document Content>Show field codes instead of their values.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by funnylady Monday, February 24, 2014 11:55 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 11:13 PM

All replies

• You have Word's field code display toggled 'on'. You can toggle it on/off via Alt-F9, or via File|Options|Advanced>Show Document Content>Show field codes instead of their values.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by funnylady Monday, February 24, 2014 11:55 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 11:13 PM
  • This worked!  I appreciate you taking the the time to respond.     Thank you!!
    Monday, February 24, 2014 11:57 AM