Windows 7 Taskbar issue Post-Remote Desktop disconnect RRS feed

• Question

• I am using RC1 at home and use remote desktop frequently to access my home computer from another machine.

While connected, no issues, I use Windows as normal through MSTSC.

I use a simple command to disconnect myself as this script returns the session back to the console (ready for someone at home to use the computer if need be):
    tscon RDP-Tcp#0 /dest:console

This works everytime.

I should mention that I have 2 screens @ 1920x1080 reso with the taskbar on the right-hand side of the right-hand screen and it is set to autohide.

The issue is, when I return home and turn on the screens, go to access the taskbar, it is now inaccessible by putting the mouse over it as normal and if i use the WinKey to bring up the Start Menu (which displays fine), the taskbar is completely transparent, takes up exactly half of the screen width and is not selectable, furthermore, all clock and tray icons are not visible.

I have had this issue with different screen models at different resolutions.

I have found that going out to the Switch User screen then straight back into the profile or logging out then logging back in makes the taskbar function normally but still takes up half the screen width (which I just resize back to normal).

I have also found that this issue occurs even when I use the 'x' to disconnect from the session in the normal way.

While the taskbar is like this, I have reconnected a remote desktop session from my laptop sitting next to me at the desk and the taskbar in the RD session appears normal.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or has been able to reproduce this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:35 AM

Answers

• Geoffuidam,

Your question is very good and while I have not experienced that issue myself, I am sure you could not be the only one who has. I encourage you to head on over to Microsoft Springboard and Talking About Windows to see if the offered resources could provide you with an understanding / resolution.

http://tiny.cc/OooU1  -- Microsoft Springboard

www.talkingaboutwindows.com

Jessica
    Microsoft TechNet / Springboard

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:14 PM

All replies

• Yes, a number of bug reports have been done about multi-monitor problems with the taskbar.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:35 PM
  • Geoffuidam,

Your question is very good and while I have not experienced that issue myself, I am sure you could not be the only one who has. I encourage you to head on over to Microsoft Springboard and Talking About Windows to see if the offered resources could provide you with an understanding / resolution.

http://tiny.cc/OooU1  -- Microsoft Springboard

www.talkingaboutwindows.com

Jessica
    Microsoft TechNet / Springboard

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:14 PM
  • Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same issue.

http://TechWorksFor.me

• Edited by JohnAlphonso Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:35 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:27 PM