none
Few users who has permissions before migration are not shown in the permissions list After Migrating to SharePoint 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi  
    I have a SharePoint 2010 site which has been migrated to SharePoint 2013 then SharePoint 2013 to 2016. I did a Database attach(Mount) to migrate and after the migration I have run the following PowerShell script to migrate the users from Classic mode to Claims mode,

$WebAppName = "http://URL"

#THIS SHOULD BE THE ACCOUNT THAT IS RUNNING THIS SCRIPT, WHO SHOULD ALSO BE A LOCAL ADMIN
    $account = "Domain\Admin"

$wa = get-SPWebApplication $WebAppName

Set-SPwebApplication $wa -AuthenticationProvider (New-SPAuthenticationProvider) -Zone Default
    # this will prompt about migration, CLICK YES and continue

#This step will set the admin for the site 
    $account = (New-SPClaimsPrincipal -identity $account -identitytype 1).ToEncodedString()

#Once the user is added as admin, we need to set the policy so it can have the right access
    $zp = $wa.ZonePolicies("Default")
    $p = $zp.Add($account,"PSPolicy")
    $fc=$wa.PolicyRoles.GetSpecialRole("FullControl")
    $p.PolicyRoleBindings.Add($fc)
    $wa.Update()

#Final step is to trigger the user migration process
    $wa.MigrateUsers($true)
    $wa.ProvisionGlobally()

Everything went good until the client came back saying that some users who are having permissions to the site before migration are not able to access the site.

I went to the Site Permissions and compared both the SharePoint 2010 site and the SharePoint 2013 site, Chaos 

Round 1400 users/groups have permissions to the SharePoint 2010 site where in the migrated SharePoint 2013 site only have 1350 users/groups. 

I'm breaking my head from past three days but not able to figure out what went wrong.
    Can someone suggest a work around.

Thanks in advance 

Monday, August 6, 2018 2:37 PM