Client Computers is not being reflecting on computer windows under the wsus console. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Techie

Last couple of days I am just struggling to resolve the issue which is the client machine is not showing the computer under the wsus console but Microsoft update has been synced completely without error.

I have installed Windows Server 2012 R2 STD and deployed the WSUS role and initial synchronization has been completed successfully. I have added Computer group to wsus and In the Computers dialog box, select Use Group Policy or registry settings on computers then clicked OK.

Therefore I have created GPO in Active directory and published to concerns OU as below modification has completed in GPO.

1.Configure Automatic Updates, and then click the Enabled option, under Options, in the Configure automatic updating field, click and select 4.

2.Specify intranet Microsoft update service location, and then click the Enabled option, then in the Set the intranet update service for detecting updates and the Set the intranet statistics server text boxes, type http://wsus.domain.com:8530

3.Enable client-side targeting, in the Enable client-side targeting dialog box, click the Enabled option, in the Target group name for this computer text box.

4. Forcefully applied the GPO to concern OU and also Wuauclt.exe /reportnow /detectnow in the cmd (ADMIN).

I have checked the cab file is being download from WSUS server. Even I removed all cached data from softwaredistribution folder. only These "Failed to obtain WSUS Client/Server URL, error = 0x80072EE6" is getting everywhere.

Please suggest your advice for help me to resolve this error.

Thanks.

Regards, Md Ehteshamuddin Khan All the opinions expressed here is mine. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, October 21, 2016 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>Last couple of days I am just struggling to resolve the issue which is the client machine is not showing the computer under the wsus console but Microsoft update has been synced completely without error.

Then have you solved the issue that WSUS clients do not appear in the WSUS console?

Since you use client-side targeting, please ensure the group name is exactly same;

If the group name is the same with that in GPO, while it still not appear in WSUS console, please try reset SUSClientID:

Reset SusClientId:
    1). In cmd, net stop wuauserv

2). Delete the value in registry key " SusClientId " and "SusClientIDValidation" locates in:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate

3). In cmd, net start wuauserv
         wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

could you please post what you entered for the "specify intranet" policy?

Best regards,

Andrei

We could change the world, if God would give us the source code.

Monday, October 24, 2016 3:49 AM
  • Hi,

>Last couple of days I am just struggling to resolve the issue which is the client machine is not showing the computer under the wsus console but Microsoft update has been synced completely without error.

Then have you solved the issue that WSUS clients do not appear in the WSUS console?

Since you use client-side targeting, please ensure the group name is exactly same;

If the group name is the same with that in GPO, while it still not appear in WSUS console, please try reset SUSClientID:

Reset SusClientId:
    1). In cmd, net stop wuauserv

2). Delete the value in registry key " SusClientId " and "SusClientIDValidation" locates in:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate

3). In cmd, net start wuauserv
         wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

Could the above replies be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, November 3, 2016 6:54 AM