none
Direct Access Client Help RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning

I am testing DirectAccess and having some issues with client authentication.  I have two laptops I am testing one laptop connects with out any issue. The other laptop will not connect at all. Can any help me with how I should go about troubleshooting this issue.  

Friday, October 28, 2016 1:47 PM

All replies

• Hello,

What issues you have with DA ?

Regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Friday, October 28, 2016 1:49 PM
  • Hello,

Basic steps for troubleshooting your DA :

1. Make sure that Firewall are on - Client side and servers you want to reach
    2. Make sure that IPv6 is ON
    3. Make sure that your DA computers received the DirectAccess GPOs before disconnecting your computer from local network
    4. Certificates : We know that Self-signed certificates works, but it's so much easier with 3rd party certificates
    5. Have your directaccess Web Probe entries correctly configured in your DNS
    6. Have your resources servers be reachable with your DirectAccess server(s). These servers must have IPv6 and firewall on.

Here's a good start for Direct Access 2012R2 : https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2014/01/05/step-by-step-enabling-directaccess-in-windows-server-2012-r2/

Regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Friday, October 28, 2016 2:15 PM