Cannot Add Roles or Features to Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a two node validated cluster, server 2008 x64 Enterprise. Both Nodes are identical, except for one difference; I left "Update Automatically" on for one of the nodes, the other I turned off. Last night, updates ran on the one server and apparently failed, specifically KB955020, you know, the really important update for a server that fixes the spellchecker to put Obama's name in it.  Wonderful. Anyway, the installation failed and the result is everytime I boot it goes through a weird "installing updates" process. Afterwards, all looks well and the update appears in the appwiz panel. Unfortunately two things are wrong:

1) I cannot uninstall this hotfix
    2) When i attempt to add *any* role, or combo of roles, they all fail. When I look at the system log, the error 4375, 4385 and similar flood up and down the event log.

I would not think they were linked if it were not the case that the logs are clear until I attempt to add a role, then, immediately this update error  and failed hotfix begin filling up my logs.

WTF.

Not a good way for a cluster to begin. Not at all.

How do I uninstall this hotfix and/or are they even related. Thanks. 
    Kevin J Bell
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 12:48 AM

Answers