none
Im not able to see the "Spam Filter" option under protection in Exchange 2016? RRS feed

• Question

• i feel like an idiot because im not able to locate the "spam filter" option in exchange 2016. I can see the "malware filter" option though. I have all the spam and content filtering enabled and configured... im sure its something simple.

Also, our configuration is that of only a single Exchange 2016 server. could that be something?

Friday, October 26, 2018 2:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi rodnig1 

Spam filtering can only be managed in the Exchange managment shell. There is no managment tab in the Exchange admin center. 

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

Friday, October 26, 2018 3:09 PM
  • i guess that makes sense. so that would mean that this article would not apply to an onsite hosted exchange 2016 implementation?

http://techgenix.com/exchange-spam-notification/#comment-1197761

Friday, October 26, 2018 3:37 PM
  • No that would only apply to Office 365 as that has spam filtering tab in the EAC console for on prem its all PowerShell based. see below for configure anti spam on Exchagne 2016.

http://msexchangeguru.com/2017/08/08/exchange-2016-anti-spam-configuration/

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

• Marked as answer by rhallmcp Monday, October 29, 2018 5:47 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2018 3:49 PM
  • yeah, i have all the anti spam configured, but was confused as to why i wasnt able to see the option in the admin... completely makes sense now.
    Friday, October 26, 2018 4:08 PM
  • Totally agree with TheSleepyAdmin. 

@rodnig1, if you don't mind, we'd suggest you mark the replies above as answers, so it will be easy for other community members to find the useful one/ones.

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, October 29, 2018 8:54 AM