Filtering what people can see when editing an item? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a challenge with the rollout of a number of assignments I need solved by different people.

I have a 'Talent List 2012' where I need different people to answer on different items. Fx I need person A to answer on 'Kritisk Stilling' and person B to answer on 'Ledertalent'.

Now - I don't want person A to see any other items than the ones person A need to answer. The same goes for person B.

How do I make that filter? (I don't have access to Sharepoint Designer) :(

/hobbes

Monday, June 18, 2012 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi hobbes,

As you say, you don't have access to SharePoint Designer, so you also don't have access to programming customize the edit page? If it is, i suggest you use Javascript to control the permissions:
    1、Add this"displaymode=design" to your edit page url (sample:EditForm.aspx?displaymode=design) to open the edit model.
    2、Add a Content Editor Web Part on it.
    3、Add your custom Javascript into the Content Editor Web Part to control display.

Show and Hide Elements with JavaScript:http://girlswhogeek.com/tutorials/2007/show-and-hide-elements-with-javascript

Thanks,
    Lhan Han
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:09 AM
  • Hi Lhan,

Thank you for your reply - unfortunately I can't add a Content Editor Webpart when editing an item as I'm doing on the screenshot above. Have you gotten that to work in any other way?

/H

/hobbes

Friday, June 29, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Hi hobbes,

Please carefully read my above reply, here is a screenshot about how to open the edit model:

Thanks,
    Lhan Han
    Friday, June 29, 2012 8:57 AM
  • Hi Lhan,

Thanks again - I know what you mean, but the problem is to add the Content Editor Webpart, which I only know how to do by 'Edit Page' and 'Add Webpart'.

/hobbes

Friday, June 29, 2012 9:12 AM
  • Bump - anyone able to solve this puzzle? :)

/hobbes

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:28 AM