UPGRADE WINDOW 7 ULTIMATE TO WINDOW 8. RRS feed

• Question

• Do you have to change drivers of a computer when upgrading  window 7 ultimate to window 8?
    Monday, December 21, 2015 1:09 PM

Answers

• Most drivers will be installed while upgrading.  There may be one or two that need to be manually updated.  We have no way of knowing.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

• Marked as answer by ANDREW BOY Saturday, January 2, 2016 8:54 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2015 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

About your question, my answer is No.

Drivers would be installed automatically during upgrade process, we couldn’t interfere them.

Maybe some drivers are incompatible with Windows 8, those drivers need to be changed into a newer version after upgrade.

After upgrade, you could go to Device Manager to see which device works abnormally, download and install drivers from your PC’s manufacturer website, according to current system version.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ANDREW BOY Saturday, January 2, 2016 8:53 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2015 2:17 AM

All replies

• Most drivers will be installed while upgrading.  There may be one or two that need to be manually updated.  We have no way of knowing.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

• Marked as answer by ANDREW BOY Saturday, January 2, 2016 8:54 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2015 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

About your question, my answer is No.

Drivers would be installed automatically during upgrade process, we couldn’t interfere them.

Maybe some drivers are incompatible with Windows 8, those drivers need to be changed into a newer version after upgrade.

After upgrade, you could go to Device Manager to see which device works abnormally, download and install drivers from your PC’s manufacturer website, according to current system version.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ANDREW BOY Saturday, January 2, 2016 8:53 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2015 2:17 AM