Flight Sim X (FSX) and Windows 7 RTM (64bit) RRS feed

• Question

• Guys,

I've gone x64 with this installation (clean, ultimate, RTM) and everything is fine.

I have re-installed Flight Sim X Gold (Deluxe plus Acceleration Packs). Again everything is fine but if I install any additional aircraft I see them in FSX but they are pure white with no textures showing at all.

I am assuming it's a permissions issue or similar on the files as the installation directory \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\.... has some protection (as it dd in Vista) and UAC asks for permission to copy files in there.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:58 PM

Answers

• I think I've finally nailed it!

FSX Acceleration introduces the 'Preview in Direct X 10' option in the Custom Settings.

Switching this off re-enables the textures!

Weird as it didn't cause the issue under the 32bit RC of Win 7....
    • Marked as answer by Tony Brookes Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:56 AM
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:56 AM

All replies

• Further investigation has uncovered the following: -

Un-installation of the Acceleration element brings the textures back to the added aircraft so appears to be related to the Acceleration installation.

After checking all aircraft appear OK in FSX Deluxe I tried re-installing Acceleration using 'Run as Administrator' and 'XP SP3 Compatability Mode' but on completion the textures were missing again!

Bit further on but not much.....
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:19 AM
  • I think I've finally nailed it!

FSX Acceleration introduces the 'Preview in Direct X 10' option in the Custom Settings.

Switching this off re-enables the textures!

Weird as it didn't cause the issue under the 32bit RC of Win 7....
    • Marked as answer by Tony Brookes Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:56 AM
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:56 AM