none
Exchange 2013 returning an email to a sender RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who all of a sudden is cannot receive an email from a sender outside of our environment. Other people in our domain can receive this email.   It comes back to the person as 554. 5.1.0 Sender Denied. 

As I mentioned I an others can receive the email from this person.  I have added them to the safe sender list and still no change.  I did notice in looking at the persons block sender list in OWA that they had mistakenly added that address to the block list.  When I removed it and had them send a test email the user still received the same denied response.  Could the fact that he had this person in his block sender list be the reason?  If so how long does it take for the removal from that list to be active.  I tried it a few minutes after removing and the sender received the same results.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 1:32 PM

Answers

• try this one.

To Find out a user’s blocked senders
    Get-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -Identity “UserName” | FL BlockedSendersandDomains

To Remove a user from blocked senders
    Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -Identity “UserName” –BlockedSendersandDomains @{Remove=”test@test.com”}

FrenchITGuy.com

Thursday, June 9, 2016 2:12 PM

All replies