Outlook 2010 imap.server password RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know my password to the imap.server or smtp.server so I am unable to login when asked to when I try to send or receive emails in Outlook for my gmail accounts. Please advise.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please first refer to this article to see if you have set the account correctly.

Besides, please go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings. Double click your account and then click More Settings > Outgoing Server. Normally, we will select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.

Have you turned off 'less secure apps'? If yes, please refer to the details in this link to change the setting.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

What's more, as far as I know, you have to enable IMAP service before setting account in Outlook. To do this, please log on the web mail and then go to Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Make sure the following option is enabled.

Any more concern, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, May 24, 2018 3:12 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, May 25, 2018 1:13 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 3:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 28, 2018 1:26 AM