none
MDT 2013 Latest update - Windows 10 now failing on Sysprep and capture RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MDT to automatically create the core/gold image for deployment.  The creation process works fine.  Previously I had been able to run a Sysprep and Capture task sequence which would create a new WIM file of the OS in the \Capture folder.  I did this on the reference computer, mapping a drive to the MDT share, and executing Litetouch.VBS and from there I would select through the menus.  I have done this 3-4 times using this same PC (re-imaging by laying down the core/gold image task sequence).

Starting today when I run my normal Sysprep and Capture I now get an error that LiteTouch.wsf cannot be found.  And the network card no longer works (which sort of explains why it can't reach the share).  The odd thing is this is how I always did all of my captures and this never happened before.  

I haven't changed anything on MDT and the reference PC is continually re-built with the core/gold image task sequence so nothing there.

Has anyone else run into this?  Or can explain why it is happening all of a sudden?

Thanks

Christopher Westpoint - Infrastructure Architect

Monday, January 23, 2017 7:15 PM

Answers

• Thank Krint,

The title says it all

- Windows 10 OS

- MDT 2013 Update 2

The exact error message is:

"Can not find script file \\<networkshare>\deploymentshare\scripts\LTICleanup.wsf"

I can't create the image and capture in one task sequence because after the image is built I have to fully patch it and add other utilities.  Thats why I have a separate capture process

I am on the reference machine, mapping a drive back to the deployment share, and running a capture only task sequence by running LiteTouch.vbs.  This has worked just fine on this same physical Dell desktop up until this most recent run.  When the *.vbs is executed the network adapter is removed (which I believe is part of the process) but then the task sequence tries to continue to run stuff that is on the share.  With the network adapater gone of course that is not possible and it fails.

When I run a diagnosis it says it could not find a driver for my network adapter.  How did this work before? I'm only using drivers that come with the Windows 10 media.

Trying to understand why this is happening (considering nothing on MDT, or on the reference machine has changed).  How do I fix or stop it.  

I figured it out.  After checking the BDD.LOG I saw that Sysprep was failing at re-arming Office 2016 and that led to the network failure.  

MDT 2013 Update 2 will automatically re-arm Windows 10 and Office 2016 for you. No need to have a TS task for it.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 5:05 PM

All replies

• Can you provide exact error message, what OS you are capturing and what MDT version you are using. 

Are you capturing your reference image from physical machine? You should be using a VM instead. You will get cleaner and more stable image from a VM. It's also faster and the whole build & capture process should be automatic. 

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 11:17 AM
  • Thank Krint,

The title says it all

- Windows 10 OS

- MDT 2013 Update 2

"Can not find script file \\<networkshare>\deploymentshare\scripts\LTICleanup.wsf"

I can't create the image and capture in one task sequence because after the image is built I have to fully patch it and add other utilities.  Thats why I have a separate capture process

I am on the reference machine, mapping a drive back to the deployment share, and running a capture only task sequence by running LiteTouch.vbs.  This has worked just fine on this same physical Dell desktop up until this most recent run.  When the *.vbs is executed the network adapter is removed (which I believe is part of the process) but then the task sequence tries to continue to run stuff that is on the share.  With the network adapater gone of course that is not possible and it fails.

When I run a diagnosis it says it could not find a driver for my network adapter.  How did this work before? I'm only using drivers that come with the Windows 10 media.

Trying to understand why this is happening (considering nothing on MDT, or on the reference machine has changed).  How do I fix or stop it.  

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:43 PM
  • Thank Krint,

The title says it all

- Windows 10 OS

- MDT 2013 Update 2

I figured it out.  After checking the BDD.LOG I saw that Sysprep was failing at re-arming Office 2016 and that led to the network failure.  

MDT 2013 Update 2 will automatically re-arm Windows 10 and Office 2016 for you. No need to have a TS task for it.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 5:05 PM