none
ProjectServer_Reporting DB is not synced with ProjectServer_Published RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have an very important issue with ProjectServer_Reporting database.

We have create a timesheet via PSI in project server that is inserted correctly in ProjectServer_Published database. But, I can not found this timesheet in Reporting database. 

It is so critical for our organization and I would be so grateful if anybody can help me resolving this issue.

Is there any way to manually sync both databases?

How can I track the reason of this bug?

Regards

Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Did you approve the timesheet and Published the project plan?

Data between published and reporting database gets synchronize only when project plan is published.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:33 PM
  • Hi

try a rebuild of the Reporting database.

For that you do an administrative backup of the custom fields and restore them directly afterwards.

This creates a bunch of jobs in the Queue as all data is deleted from the reporting database and written again.

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Saturday, February 2, 2013 8:55 AM
  • Projects are dynamic and keeping the databases in sync will be close to impossible.  When a publish occurs, both databases are updated, but not exactly at the same time.  Also, over time, SP and CU have update how the scheduling engine so their may be difference there as well.

Building a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly OLAP cube basically will give you a snapshot in time for reporting.

For example, if you build a weekly cube on Thursday, and all your reports are based on Thursday OLAP cube, then your reports will be

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Saturday, February 2, 2013 10:37 AM