Adding exes to be used by more than one application RRS feed

• Question

•  

Adobe Web Premium CS4 has successfully been virtualized.  This included the Version Cue, etc., which are seperate exes used by the programs.   I need to sequence InDesign another adobe package that uses the Version Cue, etc.to deploy to a seperate group of users.  AppV won't import these other exes with Indesign because they already exist for the Web Premium (it only imports the Indesign program.)  How can I get Indesign to work with already sequenced programs?  Would renaming them work?  Thanks for any info I can get on this.
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

the trick is in the Application configuration Step during Sequencing.

When you are there, you see the list of applications that the sequencers recognized. Here you can modify for instance the Name or Version of  "Cue" to something like: name: "Cue"; Version "WebPremium+Original Version number".

The Rule:

"The Combination of Name and Version has to be unique for an App-V evironment."

Users only see the "version" information when the App is loaded, so it does not appear on the shortcut.

Of course you also could modify the version info for Cue within Indesign.

If you aren't experienced with OSD file Modification, it is the best you re-open "For Package Upgrade" one of the Packages on the Sequencer and go through the Sequencing Wizard again until you come to the App Configuration Step (you don't have to install anything new)...

Thursday, October 30, 2008 12:48 PM